Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rooms for rent in Reykjavík

Availability: See miklatún.

* A flat with six bedrooms, each with a base area of about 10 sq. m.
* Getting there from Keflavík: Take the Fly-bus to Reykjavík bus terminal (BSÍ) and a taxi from there. (If you do not have heavy luggage walking is an option, distance a little over 1 km).
* The flat is non-smoking
* The house is centrally located and is e.g. within walking distance from (see also areal photo below where the locations of the house and the University of Iceland are marked)
- Central Reykjavík (10–25 minutes)
- University of Iceland main campus (20 minutes)
- University of Iceland School of Education (5 minutes)
- Reykjavík University (15 minutes)
- Kringlan shopping mall (15 minutes)
* The occupancy of the rooms is mostly by students.
* The common area consists of two bathrooms (one with a bathtub and one with a shower), a kitchen and a living area.
* The kitchen is equipped with a cooker, microwave, dishwasher, fridges and some basic utensils and tableware.
* The rooms are furnished with a bed, table, chair and wardrobe, but you should bring your own duvet, pillow, bed linen, towels etc. It is possible to purchase these items, enquire if interested.
* Occupants are required to clean their own rooms and common areas.
* A washing machine is located in the basement of the house.
* The rooms have a LAN internet connection
*Areal photo:

* Common area:



Room 2: (room 3 similar)

 

Room 4:




Room 5: (room 6 similar)



5 comments:

  1. Hi, I´m a student who is going to study on UI next fall semester (beginning August 2012) and I´m looking for any possible accomodation in that time (not now but from August on). So my questions are following: Are you still renting some rooms for students this year (because I can see that this blog is from 2009)? If yes, for how much per month? PLEASE CONTACT ME, IF POSSIBLE ON rocky79@volny.cz ! I would really appreciate that ;) thx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I guess I have the same matter as rocky79 does. I´ll also study in Reykjavik in the fall semester and will arrive on the 2nd August. It would be perfect, if you can contact me! :) (e-mail: anke.szopinski@gmail.com) As rocky79, I really would appreciate any information! ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I am a French vet student and I will spent my summer in Reykjavik (from 15 july to 31 august) for an internship.
    I didn't find any contact adress or email on this website, and I would like to have more information about this accomodation.
    Could you contact me at marion.fenet@gmail.com, please ?
    Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am a student from Czech Republic coming to Reykjavík University as an exchange student from January to the start of June 2018. I would like to ask about whether it would be possible to get accomodation in these rooms, and if so, what would be the rent. Please, could you contact me at jaroslavfedorcak@yahoo.com ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. correction: the email is jaroslav.fedorcak@yahoo.com

      Delete